Summary from Vendor: The eLabJournal (formerly Bio-ITech) Electronic Lab Notebook offers an intuitive and flexible solution to document research data. It improves effciency when documenting, organizing, searchings and archiving collected data in research laboratories.
Compare eLabJournal to other options in the Electronic Lab Notebook Matrix.
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions about the content of this page. Last updated: 2020-03-12
Please Note: This information has been verified by a vendor representative.
Features & Specifications
Search functions can search across file formats and beyond typos
- Able to search for documents within the platform
- Able to search beyond file formats
- Able to search beyond typographical errors
- Transparency of file structure
Ability to manipulate files and images
- Can manipulate text, spreadsheets and images
Support for multiple open windows
Ability to link out
Support for Researcher DocumentationDocumentation and metadata creation
Metadata Creation Prompts
Rights Management (Licensing)
Adaptability to Lab WorkflowsPlatform compatibility
Internal Data Sharing
Adaptable to a Variety of Workflows
- No information provided
Compatibility with authoring tools
StorageAvailable data storage options
Hybrid (cloud/local) Storage
- All entries and changes are recorded and time stamped automatically to ensure a full audit trail of your ELN. A version history allows you to access previous versions of your experiments.
- Files are replicated within the server in real time, on multiple disks. The same files are replicated to geographically different server locations in real time.
- This data is backed up every 24 hours on a 3rd distant location.
- So we have 3 different locations where your data is redundantly stored.
Creates stable URLs or persistent identifiers for entries
Can unregistered users access the data found at persistent links?
Storage Capacity - Users
- 25GB per user, with options to upgrade, and purchase eLABHybrid for additional storage servers
Storage Capacity - Max File Size
- No Limit
Hybrid (combination of cloud and local)
SupportTraining and maintenance offered
- Administrator, user, in-person, implementation support
- FAQs, support forum, troubleshooting information, quick-start instructions
Data Migration from Other Systems (incoming migration)
Compatibility with data repositories
Exit Strategies (outgoing migration)
- Full disaster recovery
Single Sign-on (Institutional ID)
Number of Installations per institution
- No limit
Multiple client use
Number of registered Harvard/HMS users
Other higher-education users
- 30, including the BROAD Institute and Tufts University
SecurityCompliance with Harvard security
- Levels 1-5
- No information provided
Open Science/Open Data Efforts
- We can export into an open format
Cost (per seat)
- There are many products, and options within eLAB.
- With each new user added, the total price decreases.
- There is not a simple formula to describe the pricing scheme.
- Import text, sketches, tables, chemical structures, and attach any kind of data. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint can be manipulated within the ELN.
- Connect and process research data from different software applications within your organization.
Tiers of ServiceFeatures and costs associated
No information provided