Summary from vendor: Whether you're a team of 2 or 2,000 start documenting for as low as pennies per record. Labii's Pay-Per-Use pricing lets you pay as you go. Customize your records down to every detail with Labii. Configure Labii to document the type of data (Samples, Plasmids, et.al), the attribution of the records, as well as the details of each record. Extend the functionality in your ELN & LIMS by adding widgets to meet your specific research needs. Whether you’re in the biotech or chemical fields there are widgets specialized for your industry.
Compare Labii to other options in the Electronic Lab Notebook Matrix.
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions about the content of this page. Last updated: 2019-01-17
Please Note: This information has been verified by a vendor representative
Features & Specifications
Search functions can search across file formats and beyond typos
- Able to search for documents within the platform
- Able to search beyond file formats
- Transparency of file structure
Ability to manipulate files and images
- Can manipulate text documents and spreadsheets, but not images
Support for multiple open windows
Ability to link out
- Labii currently support PubMed for references and data analysis
Support for Researcher DocumentationDocumentation and metadata creation
Metadata Creation Prompts
Rights Management (Licensing)
Adaptability to Lab WorkflowsPlatform compatibility
Internal Data Sharing
Adaptable to a Variety of Workflows
- Yes. Labii provides widgets to extend the functionality in ELN & LIMS to meet specific research needs
Compatibility with authoring tools
StorageAvailable data storage options
Hybrid (cloud/local) Storage
- Labii ELN use blockchain technology to secure the versioning.
- A new version is created whenever a change is made.
- User can preview all previous versions and can restore to any previous versions.
- Labii does not control file redundancy.
- Users have the responsibility to reduce the redundancy.
- However, Labii provides notification on identical items.
Creates stable URLs or persistent identifiers for entries
Can unregistered users access the data found at persistent links?
Storage Capacity - Users
- Unlimited - Labii charges $10/100G/month
Storage Capacity - Max File Size
- The largest object that can be uploaded in a single PUT is 5 gigabytes.
Hybrid (combination of cloud and local)
SupportTraining and maintenance offered
- API training services - In-person, user oriented, administrator oriented
- FAQs, video tutorials, instructions, troubleshooting information, “quick-start” instructions.
Data Migration from Other Systems (incoming migration)
- All data can be exported. Copies of data are also available to download at the backup panel.
Compatibility with data repositories
- Mysql database, JSON, pdf files
Exit Strategies (outgoing migration)
- All data can be exported.
- Copies of data are also available to download at the backup panel.
- Labii is doing daily backup for all data.
- Users have freedom to set up the backup frequency for their own data.
Single Sign-on (Institutional ID)
- Labii uses SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) 2.0 to support SSO (Single Sign On)
Number of Installations per institution
- No limit.
- Labii charges $80/user/month (50% off for academic) or $0.1/record
Multiple client use
Number of registered Harvard/HMS users
- 3 research labs
Other higher-education users
- The most active users are scientists from middle-size biotech companies
SecurityCompliance with Harvard security
- Level 3 - Information that could cause risk of material harm to individuals or the University if disclosed
Open Science/Open Data Efforts
- This service links to open data repositories.
- Labii provides API to read and write data to any other data repositories
- Designed for industry use.
- Open all functionalities to academic.
Cost (per seat)
- The price is $80 per user per month (50% off for academic use) or $0.1 per record (pay per use)
- Labii provides a variety of widgets to support all type of data entry.
- For example, plain-text, rich-text, spreadsheets, drag-drop to import, et.al.
- Any platform that has API support or data can be exported to .tsv files
Tiers of ServiceFeatures and costs associated
- Labii provides one version with all functionalities.
- Once purchased, the user gets access to all functions