Summary from Vendor: Pillar Science is an all-in-one research integration platform. It offers all the functionalities of a modern electronic lab notebook (ELN) and can be automatically connected your actual lab workflow. It also does much more than a traditional ELN: Pillar Science includes tools to create customizable charts, statistical analyses, scientific posters, reserve equipment and even produce financial reports.
Compare Pillar Science to other options in the Electronic Lab Notebook Matrix.
Please contact us if you have any questions or suggestions about the content of this page. Last updated: 2019-04-17
Please Note: This information has been verified by a vendor representative
Features & Specifications
Search functions can search across file formats and beyond typos
- Able to search for documents within the platform
- Able to search beyond file formats
- Able to search beyond typographical errors
- Transparency of file structure
Ability to manipulate files and images
- Text documents and spreadsheets can be manipulated
Support for multiple open windows
Ability to link out
Support for Researcher DocumentationDocumentation and metadata creation
Metadata Creation Prompts
Rights Management (Licensing)
Adaptability to Lab WorkflowsPlatform compatibility
Internal Data Sharing
Adaptable to a Variety of Workflows
Compatibility with authoring tools
StorageAvailable data storage options
- Different storage locations available (US, Canada, Europe and more).
Hybrid (cloud/local) Storage
Creates stable URLs or persistent identifiers for entries
Can unregistered users access the data found at persistent links?
Storage Capacity - Users
- No limit
Storage Capacity - Max File Size
- No limit
Hybrid (combination of cloud and local)
SupportTraining and maintenance offered
- Webinar customized trainings are offered to new users.
Both for users and for the public API. A knowledge based is available. It includes quick start instructions, articles and videos. Email and phone support are also available.
Data Migration from Other Systems (incoming migration)
- We can also integrate and extend from existing systems instead of migrating.
Compatibility with data repositories
Exit Strategies (outgoing migration)
- All data and files created in the platform are in open format such as .csv or .svg
- Data are replicated three times. The default mode is ‘soft deletion’ which means that all files can be kept for recovery purposes even after being erased.
Single Sign-on (Institutional ID)
Number of Installations per institution
- No limit
Multiple client use
Number of registered Harvard/HMS users
Other higher-education users
SecurityCompliance with Harvard security
- Up to and including Level 5
Open Science/Open Data Efforts
- All data created or converted are saved in an open format. Users are encouraged to share their data as much as possible with the community
- The workflow and the pricing is optimized for academics.
Cost (per seat)
- We provide a web spreadsheet. Data can come from Excel-like spreadsheets or can be connected from other data sources (such as a database or a survey program) using our public API.
- We provide a Dropbox-like application to sync data from any computer or apparatus. We also have a public API that can be used to connect with other systems, software programs or platforms.
Tiers of ServiceFeatures and costs associated
- Cost: $10/month
- Automated secure data backup
- Spreadsheet editor
- Store any kind of data
- Research protocol editor
- Centralized and organized research
- Collaboration and sharing tools
- 1 TB+ of team storage
- Advanced access control
- Advanced help centre
- Email support
- Cost: Contact sales
- Statistics and Charts which allows users to automate the creation of publication-ready charts and compute standard statistical analysis much like you would do in SPSS. No coding required.
- Poster module which allows to create real-time dashboards with the most recent data visualization. It can be used to create a virtual academic poster similar to what you see in a conference.
- Network module which allows to communicate and collaborate with other users of the platform based on their expertise.
- Booking module which allows to reserve equipment and platforms. Equipment usage can be reported to support grants requests.
- Calendar module which allows to follows experiment completion, important deadlines and trace back data production.
- Financial systems can be integrated to allow for project-level financial management.